Dosthill Academy and the Fierté Trust are pleased that planning permission has been granted for the building of six classrooms.
Dear parents, carers and local residents,
Dosthill Academy and the Fierté Trust are pleased that planning permission has been granted for the building of six classrooms on its site replacing mobile classrooms that are no longer fit for purpose. We look forward to building work starting later this year and the classrooms being open in readiness for the 2021 academic year. We very much appreciate the concerns of residents including those relating to the temporary haul road that will cross the Broom. Our commitment is to work with the community and local residents to ensure the impact of building works is minimised and, as far as feasibly possible, concerns are responded to. With this in mind, we are inviting local community groups such as the Residents' Association and others to meet with us at regular intervals.
The Victorian roof area will also be undergoing improvement work during the next three months due to internal ceiling collapses, tile movement and leaks. We will be able to share further information about this project at the meeting also.
- Our first meeting will take place on Thursday 20th August at 7pm.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the meeting will take place via Zoom rather than in person.
- This will include members from the Executive Team of the Fierté Trust (Tony Hand and Jayne Harrison) as well as the Headteacher from Dosthill Primary (Claire Keay)
- If you would like to be involved in this virtual meeting, please send your name and email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please also send any questions or aspects that you would like to be discussed during the meeting
We look forward to positively engaging with you moving forward.