All children should be at school, on time, every day the school is open, unless the reason for the absence is unavoidable.
The school applies the following procedures in deciding how to deal with individual absences:
- Parents are required to telephone and inform school on the morning of the first day of absence.
- The school operates a first day contact system which means that should we not have been informed of a child's absence, we will contact parents in order to receive an explanation for this.
- Parents may also be prompted to contact school via a text message or e-mail from ParentMail.
- Absences should always be followed up with a letter to school when learners return.
- Unexplained absences are followed up with a letter from the school office. No reply to this results in the absence being recorded as unauthorised.
- When learners arrive late, they are required to report to the main office and parents are asked to sign them in to record their arrival.
- In appropriate circumstances, entering into Parenting Contracts and issuing Penalty Notices will be considered.
Changes to Penalty Notices for Absence from School from January 2018
Code of Conduct for issuing penalty notices
Further details can be found in our Attendance Policy.