Remote Learning Policy
Please find attached the school remote learning policy. This page will be updated with details if there is a school closure.
Abridged Remote Learning Policy
The remote learning policy can be found on the school website to refer to here.
The key protocols of this policy are as follows;
Self-Isolating Learners (including children who are isolating but have not tested positive)
- All learners who are not in school due to COVID-19 will receive learning via Teams or Tapestry for the time they are absent.
- It is expected that all learners access this learning and provide evidence they have completed this, either through uploading to Teams or Tapestry.
- Learning for those in isolation is set daily by 11am. An example timetable to follow during this time is as follows;
9 -9:30: Daily exercise (e.g. Joe Wicks)
9:30-10:00: Spellings; common exception words for your year group.
Use the strategy sheet to practise your spellings in different ways.
These can be found in the documents area of your class teams or Tapestry.
10 -10:15: Break
10:15- 11.00: TT Rockstars or Numbots
11:30-12:15: Grammar (KS2) or Phonics (Early Years and KS1)
1:15- 2:15: Maths
2:15- 3:15: Curriculum based learning linked to topic.
- Learning for those in isolation is set by Mrs Nicholson and links directly to the learning challenges that are being completed in school.
- In the event of a class closure all learning will be set via Teams or Tapestry by the class teachers.
- All learners are expected to log in during the school day.
- Live lessons will be provided – these will be live chat on Teams and not live video calls.
- Pre-recorded videos will be used to support learners and model challenges.
- For Early Years and Year One communication links will be completed through phone calls with the children. All learning will be set by 9am daily on Tapestry.
It is expected that all children access remote learning, where learners have made us aware, they have no devices paper packs of learning have been created and sent. In some instances, devices can be provided for learners where the class bubble has closed.