Behaviour and Rewards System
Our aim at Dosthill is to:
- Create a positive culture that promotes excellent behaviour, ensuring all pupils have the opportunity to learn in a calm, safe, and supportive environment
- Establish a whole-school approach to maintaining high standards of behaviour that reflect the virtues and values of the school
- Outline the expectations and consequences of behaviour
- Provide a consistent approach to behaviour management that is applied equally to all pupils
- Define what we consider to be unacceptable behaviour, including bullying and discrimination
At Dosthill, we expect all pupils to meet the expectations set out in the table below:
Responding to Good Behaviour
When a pupil’s behaviour meets or goes above and beyond the expected behaviour standard, staff will recognise it with positive recognition and reward. This provides an opportunity for all staff to reinforce the school’s culture and ethos.
Positive reinforcements and rewards will be applied clearly and fairly to reinforce the routines, expectations, and norms of the school’s behaviour culture. The biggest shift in classroom culture comes with recognition that is focused on effort and applies equally to each child.
Rewards also include:
- Verbal praise (PIP = praise in public)
- Communicating praise to parents in person, by phone, in writing
- Learner of the Week certificates alongside Star of the Week
- Gold Star Stamps
- WOW learner – prize ceremony
- Attendance awards
- TT Rockstars etc.